Thursday, November 19, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to The Pregnancy Companion blog. Dr. Heather Rupe and I are so glad you joined us here. We are very excited about the journey we are about to embark on. The Pregnancy Companion has been a dream of ours for a few years now. Every month we get closer and closer to seeing this dream come to fruition.

So what exactly is The Pregnancy Companion? It's a book we've held in our hearts as we've walked together through many trials and tribulations related to beginning and growing our families. You see, Dr. Rupe is not only my OB, she is first and foremost my friend. I had the privilege of being under her care and I now believe every woman should have the benefit of a Christian OB. Of course we realize not all women will have access to a faith-filled obstetrician and thus The Pregnancy Companion dream was birthed.

Actually the idea came about when I was 19 weeks along with my daughter Hope. I sneezed really hard one morning and after consulting a few best-selling pregnancy manuals I thought my amniotic fluid was leaking and it was time to say goodbye to another baby. Alas, I had simply peed in my pants and all was well with our little one. But let's not focus on that, let's focus on the fact that I freaked out and did not stop long enough to catch my breath, pray, or consider that maybe I just peed in my pants and everything would be OK. The Pregnancy Companion will be a faith-filled guide for the journey to motherhood and will consist of expert medical information mixed with practical and devotional thoughts, all written from a Christian perspective. Sound like a good idea? We think so. Can't promise it'll prevent any pregnant woman from peeing in her pants, but we can surely make sure you don't freak out when you do!

Speaking of pregnancy. . .this month I also start a personal journey of trying to get pregnant again. I have looked forward to this month with great anticipation and apprehension. Our first little one, Hope (isn't she beautiful?!) did not come to us easily.


After being diagnosed with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) and with it infertility; after experiencing two miscarriages, getting pregnant is not something I look forward to completely. So I set out on this journey committed to chronicle it all for you here. Dr. Rupe will join us every now and then to give a doctor's perspective on what I am experiencing and hopefully we'll deliver some helpful information for women out there in the midst of their own journey to motherhood.

We appreciate you supporting this effort and we hope you'll share what you experience here with other women in your life.

Believing for the birth of a book and a baby,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment