Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pregnant? : Week 1

Yesterday officially marked the beginning of week 1 of my "pregnancy". Did you know that pregnancy actually "begins" at the beginning of your cycle even though you don't conceive until roughly 2 weeks after that? I know, it doesn't make any sense. But that's what Dr. Rupe tells me. Pregnancy is counted in weeks (40 weeks), beginning with the day you start your cycle. Too much information?! I'm sure you don't need to know much more about my menstrual cycle but I'll warn you, if you are along for this ride, it's going to get personal. So back to my cycle. . .

Isn't it funny how you can wake up one day (say, day 1 of your cycle) and feel like you've gained 10 pounds overnight? WTH?! Seems so unfair to have to bear the burden of your period (we like to call it "the dot" in our house) AND bloating. Good thing I have the hope of pregnancy to keep me going.

By the time my next menstrual cycle rolls around again, I'll know if I got pregnant this month. If I don't get "the dot" I'll know I'm 4 weeks pregnant. Make sense?

Don't worry if you're not getting it. The book will explain it much better than I am here. You'll just have to wait for it to come out to understand completely.

Wish me luck this month!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment