Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Infertility Reality

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Perhaps my emotions are finally catching up to my circumstances. I feel like I've cried a lot more lately. And not as a result of my recent losses. Actually it's been in response to other people. On the one hand I hear about women who once struggled with infertility being healed and I am torn. I rejoice with them in their ability to overcome but I selfishly want to know why God hasn't healed me. On the other hand I receive news of an acquaintance who's second embryo transplant did not take and I am crushed for her. I want to weep for her even now as I write this. My heart can only taste a tiny part of what she is feeling right now.

I read an article this morning that very bluntly and simply shares the reality of infertility. It's very true that no one {not even someone who's walked a similar road} can understand the feeling of walking YOUR road of infertility. But we can be more aware of those around us and hopefully make the walk a tiny bit easier for them through our consideration and sensitivity.

Take a moment to read this Infertility Article and hopefully if you struggle with infertility you'll feel a little less alone. And if you don't, perhaps you'll be more sensitive and careful around those who do.

I believe all of our struggles both physical and emotional are because we live in a broken world. This is not how God intended it. . .but it is how it is. I keep asking myself how I would respond to my personal circumstances if I could not see those of other people around me? What if I had blinders on that kept me from seeing someone else's story so I could only see mine? Would I respond differently if I had no one to compare myself to? Obviously that is not going to happen but it is a good reminder to me that I need to focus on what has been, what is now and what will be FOR ME and my story. That discipline will make it easier to walk my path. . .at least I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment