Sunday, June 6, 2010

Exciting Updates!

June is a month filled with many exciting, new things. . .for me personally and for The Pregnancy Companion. Dr. Rupe and I had lunch with our wonderful editor Heidi the other day. It was so great to get to know her better. We took her to a sushi place in town and encouraged her try it. I really think she liked it. Welcome to the world of sushi, Heidi! She let us know that the publication date for the book is April 2011. Sounds like a lifetime away but really we've got 10 months to get this thing out there, and just in time for Mother's Day!! We'll be working hard this summer to get the content ready for design and printing. It's all so daunting yet so exciting. Will you continue to pray that God will show us exactly what needs to be covered in this resource? We want to give women a comprehensive tool that will guide them through pregnancy in the most peaceful way possible.

In other news, I have been cleared to start trying again. Now if only my cycle would start I can visit the fertility clinic to begin our process. I am currently taking Provera, a drug used to bring on your period so it's only a matter of days before it will begin. Honestly I am experiencing a bit of anxiety and fear after my recent miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. What if my left ovary doesn't produce eggs? What if I can't get pregnant again? These thoughts creep up from time to time but I have to quickly remind myself that God is good and He is in control. All I can do is take one step at a time and trust Him. I truly do believe that. . .most of the time. I feel vulnerable saying that. I'm supposed to be writing a book that addresses these and other pregnancy and fertility issues with the utmost peace. I hope that it will help you trust Dr. Rupe and me as the writers even more so to know that we don't have it all figured out. My girlfriends that are reading this right now are chuckling because they know that better than anyone. Just because we know the truth doesn't mean we feel it all the time. The important thing is to quickly come back to the truth in your heart and mind when they wander from it.

I'll keep you posted here on the site of course. Thank you for praying as we continue along our journey. Know that I also pray for all of the women that read this blog that you too would come to trust His will for your life, especially as it relates to motherhood.

Walking with you,

No comments:

Post a Comment