Monday, November 1, 2010

Crazy Faith

I am so excited that Heather is going to share her adoption story this month. You will not believe this amazing story. It's wonderfully ironic (or maybe it's providential) that she would be sharing about her adoption now. I wouldn't dare steal her thunder and share any specifics but I will say their adoption process was a long and tiring road (much like the one I am traveling now) yet it ended in a complete, God-ordained, you-don't-even-see-this-in-the-movies sort of way.

Two weeks ago I went back to the doctor to see if the additional drugs they gave me worked. They did. They worked so well I had two, great, big eggs on my right side. . .the one with no tube. When the tech gave me the news, I didn't know if I wanted to curse or cry. That stupid ovary hadn't produced ANY eggs for the past 4 months. And now that I'm at my whit's end, it gives me two giant ones that will surely go to waste in the abyss of my tubeless, right abdomen?!? Pretty quickly after my initial disappointment, I felt a huge rush of peace. I just wanted to laugh. The doctor told me this month would probably be a bust but you never know. We proceeded to make plans for my next cycle.

When I told Dr. Rupe, she said she would pray that my fallopian tubes would flop around this month so perhaps the left one would catch one of those eggs. As crazy as it sounded, I began to hope and pray, knowing that it would be just like the Lord to do something crazy like allow me to conceive against all odds.

Now don't get too excited. This is not the "I'm Pregnant!" post that I've been longing to write all year. I'll actually find out this week though if I am. I have the most renewed sense of faith as I wait. I know that I'm probably not pregnant. It would truly be a miracle if I was. But I've not stopped asking him to do the unthinkable. I've not stopped believing that he surely could. And remembering Heather's crazy adoption story reminds me that he can. If he chooses not to, then he has something else in mind for the next chapter of my story. I will simply pray for grace and provision as I wait for it to be revealed.

I'm praying that each of you will be filled with crazy faith this week. . .no matter what that means for you and your story.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment