Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Adoption Journey

I have found “blogging” a little more challenging than I had originally thought it would be. I had hoped that it would get a little easier once we actually finished the book and I had more time; but that has not really been the case. The original idea was for us to blog back in forth about Jessica's pregnancy journey. While I can comment on some infertility issues, I am not an expert in this field, so I feel limited on what I can say. I also feel the weight of the fact that essentially ANYONE can read this. So I want to be at all times professional (though perhaps I don’t always achieve this), interesting, educational and entertaining, while always respecting my patients privacy. I try to avoid controversial topics in obstetrics, as I hate arguments… especially internet arguments. Since we are a Christian blog, I probably will also never post my “Top 10 list of things I have found in Vaginas.”

I do have a really great story to blog about…. though I warn you it’s quite long. I struggled with telling this story, in the sense that to really tell it properly, I had to be more open with the details of my life then I would normally be on "the internet." To truly appreciate God's faithfulness; though, you need to understand the struggle of my journey.

It has nothing to do with the book, but over the next week I am going to talk about our adoption journey. I regularly get asked about the process for domestic adoption, so I’m telling the story from the very beginning. I plan to try to post every day for the next week.

Read along… you’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment