Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Feast of Thanksgiving

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4

Dr. Rupe and I would like to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you will be spending the day with your loved ones; focusing on the many blessings in your lives. We have so much to be thankful for. Even in the midst of trials, there are many blessings we can count.

With this post I'd like to offer a feast of thanksgiving and I hope you'll share with us what you are most thankful for as well.

This year I am thankful for:
1. Jesus, who has allowed me to be real with him this year. In doing so I feel so much closer to him and I am so grateful for his unconditional love.
2. My husband, who is the most servant-hearted man I know.
3. My daughter, Hope, whose life is a daily reminder to me that I don't have to be afraid as I walk this new journey as a mommy-to-be.
4. My new baby, the life that God has allowed us to conceive in his timing and through his plan. I am thankful for the strong heartbeat that we were able to see this week.
5. My family, who is has been incredibly supportive this year.
6. My friends, some who have moved away and some who remain close. Location does not determine closeness. I am so blessed by the women in my life.
7. Provision, which will look different in the months to come but he's always provided, why would he stop now?

I am reminded today with all of the thoughts and stresses vying for our attention, that we have to focus our minds on the positive things in our lives. So what are you thankful for? And what are you believing for that you would take a step of faith and thank him for in advance?

May your heart overflow with peace and gratitude this Thanksgiving.
Love,

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan (my 6 year old) had to make a list of 100 things he was thankful for! It was a great exercise.OK, granted it included things like the remote control.... but still, it was heartwarming to see his list.

    ReplyDelete